Political and government conference apps are a key element of these types of professionally organised events. They create an engaging and involved experience for delegates with many features that will upgrade the conference experience. Some features that have been incorporated in our political and government conference apps consist of:
- Personalisation – the app can be personalised so that each delegate or exhibitor registers to the app and then welcomed personally, they can also create personalised agendas by selecting the sessions and workshops that they wish to attend.
- Floor-plans/Maps – often these events are on a large scale and can be relatively difficult to navigate, interactive floor plans and GPS maps can be incorporated in the app enabling delegates to make better use of their time.
- Venue guide – the app can include a detailed venue guide which can inform delegates about the location, transport, accommodation and leisure, this information can incorporate telephone numbers, web-links and relevant GPS maps.
- Abstract, Poster and Presentation Search Feature – this feature allows for all documentation to be uploaded onto the app including abstracts, posters and presentations, these can be incorporated into a search feature and delegates can access these at any time and email theses to themselves.
- Business Card Swapping – networking is increasingly important at conferences and this feature allows delegates to create their own QR code business cards and exchange these with other attendees via the app.
- Chat Function – an attendee list can be included in the app which delegates can browse and then communicate with particular delegates via an instant messaging feature, this allows delegates to network more efficiently.
- Exhibition guide – a section can be included that displays a list of exhibitors, each exhibitor can have a section which includes a link to their website and to an interactive floor plan highlighting their location. This section also offers the opportunity to sell additional advertising.
- Gamification – a reward card feature where delegates receive points/rewards for visiting exhibitors, completing quizzes and feedback forms or meeting certain people, this could result in people winning prizes or being entered into raffles. This feature is designed to engage the user and create an interactive experience.
- Speaker Questions – this feature allows for delegates to communicate with the speakers before, during and after the event, this could allow speakers to adjust their presentations accordingly or answer any questions regarding the talk post-event.
- Multi-event – there is also the option to upgrade the conference app into a multi-event app which would allow the organisation to re-use the apps for as many events as they like.
- Keypad voting – keypad voting functionality can be incorporated in the app, the data can be collated into a database and this could be shown on a live screen
- Social Media Integration – the app can include a link to the organisation’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn profiles – this can allow delegates to promote the event and organisation through their social networking site.
- Push notifications – the ability to instantly send messages to delegates to notify them of changes or sessions starting, alternatively this can be used as an additional advertising tool for sponsors.
- Feedback forms – forms can be incorporated into the app which delegates can complete on a session-by-session basis or post-event, this means that conference organisers get a higher response rate at their events and the information is easily collated in a database.
Political and government conference apps can add to the professionalism of the event and generally upgrade the conference experience. Insight Mobile have worked with the Liberal Democrats party conference organisers to develop apps for their conferences. They understood the benefits of utilising an app at their events and the advantages they bring for their delegates. Delegates will benefit from being able to organise their time more efficiently, access information on the go and network more effectively. Networking is of high importance at political and government conferences, therefore the apps ability to incorporate a variety of networking features is particularly relevant. An Android and iPhone conference app will significantly enhance the conference experience as it offers quick and easy methods for business card swapping and a virtual chat environment where attendees can interact with speakers and other delegates. Conference organisers will also benefit from an app as they can significantly cut printing costs, reduce the administrative burden and present them with brand new marketing opportunities.
If you would like more information on how to use Android and iPhone political and government conference apps to give your event the edge, contact us.