Medical organisations are understanding the benefits of utilising engaging medical conference apps at their events. Insight Mobile have worked with many medical organisations and have a high level of expertise in providing services for these types of organisations.
A lot of the features that we can incorporate in the app are designed to upgrade the conference experience for your delegates, here are some examples of the features that we have implemented in our apps:
- Automated CPD/attendance certificate uploading – conference organisers can distribute delegate’s certificates efficiently via the app which also allows delegates to access their certificate at any time
- Delegate Feedback Forms – Feedback forms can be incorporated in the app which allows organisers to collate feedback on a session-by-session basis.
- Abstract, Poster and Presentation Search Feature – this feature allows for all documentation to be uploaded onto the app including abstracts, posters and presentations, these can be incorporated into a search feature and delegates can access these at any time and email theses to themselves.
- Floor-plans/Maps/Venue guide – it is often the case that scientific conferences are large scale international events therefore a detailed venue guide with interactive floor-plans and GPS maps can allow delegates to navigate the event more efficiently.
- Business Card Swapping – networking is increasingly important at conferences and this feature allows delegates to create their own QR code business cards and exchange these with other attendees via the app.
- Personalisation – the app can be personalised so that each delegate or exhibitor registers to the app and then welcomed personally, they can also create personalised agendas by selecting the sessions and workshops that they wish to attend.
- Chat Function – an attendee list can be included in the app which delegates can browse and then communicate with particular delegates via an instant messaging feature, this allows delegates to network more efficiently.
- Exhibition guide – a section can be included that displays a list of exhibitors, each exhibitor can have a section which includes a link to their website and to an interactive floor plan highlighting their location. This section also offers the opportunity to sell additional advertising.
- Gamification – a reward card feature where delegates receive points/rewards for visiting exhibitors, completing quizzes and feedback forms or meeting certain people, this could result in people winning prizes or being entered into raffles. This feature is designed to engage the user and create an interactive experience.
- Speaker Questions – this feature allows for delegates to communicate with the speakers before, during and after the event, this could allow speakers to adjust their presentations accordingly or answer any questions regarding the talk post-event.
- Multi-event – there is also the option to upgrade the conference app into a multi-event app which would allow the organisation to re-use the apps for as many events as they like.
- Keypad voting – keypad voting functionality can be incorporated in the app, the data can be collated into a database and this could be shown on a live screen
- Social Media Integration – the app can include a link to the organisation’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn profiles – this can allow delegates to promote the event and organisation through their social networking site.
- Push notifications – the ability to instantly send messages to delegates to notify them of changes or sessions starting, alternatively this can be used as an additional advertising tool for sponsors.
Medical conference apps provide delegates and conference organisers with a wide range of benefits; from enhancing networking opportunities and general navigation for delegates to removing administrative burden and reducing printing costs for organisers.
Some examples of medical organisations that Insight Mobile have worked with consist of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, British Orthodontic Society, Faculty of Occupational Medicine and the National Osteoporosis Society.
To learn more about how to upgrade the delegate experience with an Insight Mobile medical conference app contact us today.